Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Quick and easy Greek dinner. Serve with a simple salad.
- 1 chicken, cut up
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup orzo pasta
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped, for garnish
- 1 small lemon, in wedges, for garnish
- In large pot, saute onion in olive oil until translucent.
- Add chicken and brown on all sides.
- Add garlic and sauté 30 seconds.
- Add tomato paste, water, salt and pepper.
- Simmer 30 minutes, covered.
- Add orzo and stir regularly until orzo is tender.
- Serve sprinkled with parsley and lemon wedges on the side.
Simple and easy, this made a tasty one-pan meal. I followed directions as written, except I used chicken tenders, as it is what was on hand. I did reduce the browning and cooking time, so as not to dry the tenders out. This was satisfying and will certainly go into my 'easy weeknight dinner' folder. Thanks for sharing, Pesto Lover!