Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe on the label of a low-fat can of broth.
Make and share this Greek Chicken and Orzo recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans fat free chicken broth
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 2 cups orzo pasta (rice-shaped pasta)
- 3⁄4 lb boneless chicken breast, diced
- 3 cups spinach leaves, washed and torn
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large skillet, heat broth, onion and oregano to a boil.
- Add the Orzo, reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chicken and cook 6 minutes longer or until chicken and pasta are cooked.
- Stir in the spinach, and heat just until the spinach wilts.
- Remove from heat and top with cheese.
- Serve immediately.
Love this recipe! I also cut the chicken into smaller pieces as I used tenders. The feta cheese makes this dish. A keeper!
I followed this recipe exactly and ended up with chicken that was under done and orzo that was overcooked. The chicken didn't completely poach in the broth and I ended up taking it out, sauteing it and putting it back into the finished dish. Maybe my chicken pieces were too big.
Mmmm! I love all the ingredients in this dish! This is easy and delicious! A great recipe to make after work. Healthy too! I added a little lemon juce to the broth while it was cooking and it gave it a nice zing! Thanks for a great recipe Mille! :)