Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
If I could go anywhere in the world, my dream destination would be Greece! I haven't made it there yet and don't know when I will, but at least I can enjoy Greek food! This chicken dish is all dressed up, wearing bow ties and full of delicious flavors. My family gives this 5 stars! Don't know if you'll agree - try it and see what you think.Cook and prep time estimates include time needed for mixing marinades and chopping. Plan ahead for marinating - time does not include marinating time. I cut the chicken into bite-size pieces mainly because it makes it easier for my children to eat (we don't have to worry about cutting the meat at serving time), but feel free to cut it into strips if you like.
- 8 ounces farfalle pasta, cooked
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch bite-size chunks
Chicken (Marinade 1)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of, fresh
- 1 tablespoon all purpose Greek seasoning
- 1 (3 ounce) package sun-dried tomatoes, julienne cut
- 3⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 carrots, julienned and cut into 2 inch lenths
- 1 large shallot, coarsely chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) package portabella mushrooms, pre-sliced, cut in half
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons all purpose Greek seasoning
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves, fresh, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts, coarsley chopped
- Combine chicken marinade ingredients and place chicken and marinade in a bowl or zip-top plastic bag; make sure chicken is thouroughly coated; refrigerate for 6-8 hours.
- Place sun dried tomatoes in small bowl; pour 3/4 cup white wine to cover. Cover; set aside and let marinate for at least one hour.
- Remove chicken from marinade. Place marinade in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over med-high heat. Reduce heat slightly and allow marinade to boil slowly for approximately 5 minutes. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, brown chicken in oil over med-high heat until no longer pink - about 5 - 7 minutes. Remove chicken with a slotted spoon; set aside.
- Place garlic, carrots, shallot, mushrooms, sundried tomatoes (with remaining wine that they did not absorb), 1/2 cup chicken broth and 2 teaspoons greek seasoning in Dutch oven and cook, covered, over med-high heat until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally - about 5 minutes.
- Add chopped spinach; cook 2 minutes more.
- Add chicken, reserved marinade and artichoke hearts; toss gently and heat just until all ingredients are heated through.
I spent a considerable amount of time reading most of the RSC #11 recipes and then choosing only three to makeâ€¦ and this is one of them. I was hoping that each recipe would have been five stars, but that turned out not to be the case. However, I am sure that this chef is a very good cook, based on the good introduction and instructions. This recipe tasted good, and perhaps a multi-colored paste would have been more eye appealing. Also, I think that the spinach could have been left out and was just added because it was one of the required ingredients that needed to be used. In any event, this recipe is a good one.