Recipe by trulyabaker
This is one of my most requested recipes, I have to make it for any big event. Once you try it you'll know why!
Top Review by ~*lil_miss_SBC*~
Oh my gosh, that was delicious! Used a packaged of frozen spinach and some cherry tomatoes sliced in half and baked it covered @ 375 for 40 mins. Served with Greek Potatoes (Recipe # 87782). Who needs to go out when you can make this at home. Thanks so much!
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 lb feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube, crumbled
- 2 cups loosely packed torn fresh spinach leaves
- 1 ripe tomatoes, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- On large plate, combine 1 tablespoon flour, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine cheese, lemon juice, and oregano. Set aside.
- With a meat mallet, pound each chicken breast to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Spread cheese mixture on each chicken breast, leaving 1/2 inch border. Fold chicken breasts in half; secure each with toothpick.
- Coat chicken breasts with flour mixture.
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook chicken breasts for 1 to 2 minutes on each side, until golden.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1 1/2 cups water, chicken bouillon cube, and remaining flour; pour over chicken breasts in pan.
- Add spinach and tomato to skillet, and bring to boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink inside.
- Discard toothpicks before serving.