Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is one of my most requested recipes, I have to make it for any big event. Once you try it you'll know why!
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 lb feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube, crumbled
- 2 cups loosely packed torn fresh spinach leaves
- 1 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- On large plate, combine 1 tablespoon flour, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine cheese, lemon juice, and oregano. Set aside.
- With a meat mallet, pound each chicken breast to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Spread cheese mixture on each chicken breast, leaving 1/2 inch border. Fold chicken breasts in half; secure each with toothpick.
- Coat chicken breasts with flour mixture.
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook chicken breasts for 1 to 2 minutes on each side, until golden.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1 1/2 cups water, chicken bouillon cube, and remaining flour; pour over chicken breasts in pan.
- Add spinach and tomato to skillet, and bring to boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink inside.
- Discard toothpicks before serving.
Oh my gosh, that was delicious! Used a packaged of frozen spinach and some cherry tomatoes sliced in half and baked it covered @ 375 for 40 mins. Served with Greek Potatoes (Greek Potatoes (Oven-Roasted and Delicious!)). Who needs to go out when you can make this at home. Thanks so much!
This chicken was very moist, extremely flavorful. The sauce was excellent and this would go fabulous with either pasta or rice. Tonight I served it with Mediterranean Penne (109055)and a salad as well as Kittencal's Soft Baguette. Yum! I had forgotten to add that because I had so many things on my stove top, After browning the chicken on each side I put it in a single layer in a pamperd chef rectangular baker, covered it with the sauce and then tinfoil and finished it in the oven. it might just be me, but I find I need to cook chicken longer than what is ever recommended, so I baked it for about 35-40 min at 350 convect. I was perfectly moist and delicious.
I used 4 chicken breasts with the same amount of ingredients called for in the recipe. The flavor of the cheese and lemon complemented the chicken wonderfully. I did add garlic to the pan before adding the tomatoes. This did make a lot of sauce. I did remove the chicken when it was done cooking and reduced the sauce. Made some pasta and tossed it into the sauce while adding some more spinach leaves for more vibrant color! Thanks for the good eats!