Greek Cheese Pastries (Tiropites)
- Mix together the cheeses, eggs, parsley, salt, and pepper. Cut the phyllo sheets crosswise into 3 rectangles. Place a rectangle on a work surface and gently brush with melted butter. Place 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of the cheese mixture in one corner.
- Fold the rectangles in half lengthwise to cover the cheese mixture.
- Fold the corner with the cheese mixture diagonally to make a point, and continue folding and rolling the triangle until the entire piece of dough is wrapped around the filling.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and filling. (The tiropites may be frozen at this point and baked directly from the.
- Place on a lightly greased baking sheet and brush with melted butter.
- Bake in a preheated 425F oven until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.