Recipe by jrbennett
My sister's Greek friend baked this casserole for the family when our Mother passed away. I have shared this recipe with friends and have prepared it at church for many bereavement luncheons.
Top Review by JPsBarbie
This was a very easy and somewhat tasty dish. It was very rich like an Alfredo. I did make few changes such as using only 1/2 cup of butter, adding a little garlic, and mozzarella. I think with a bit more sauce, some cubed chicken, and broccoli or peas this would make a very nice casserole. (4)
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta
- 4 cups milk
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil rigatoni 10 minutes.
- Mix milk and whip cream together.
- Set aside 1 cup.
- In the same pan that you cooked the rigatoni pour in milk and whip cram mixture. Add salt and butter. Cook until the butter melts.
- Add rigatoni and cook slowly until the mixture gets thick.
- Spread half of mixture in greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Sprinkle with ½ cup parmesan.
- Add remaining rigatoni.
- Add remaining parmesan.
- Pour the one cup of milk and whip cream on top.
- DO NOT STIR.
- Bake 350 for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- I like to bake until top gets a little brown.