Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This charoset may be kept refrigerated for up to 1 week.
- 1 orange, unpeeled, cut into 8 pieces wedges, seeds removed
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup pitted dates
- 1⁄3 cup cherry preserves
- 1⁄2 cup sweet red passover wine
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- In food processor, chop orange coarsly.
- Add raisins and dates and process until finely chopped.
- Transfer to medium size saucepan and stir in preserves, wine, ginger and cayenne.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Cover and cook over lowest heat for 8 to 10 minutes until thick, stirring often to prevent any sticking.
- Stir in pine nuts.
- Makes 1 1/4 cups.