Recipe by Giniaa
Made by Giada de Laurentiis
Top Review by Fred_Retter
This was very good - fresh and healthy. My husband and I loved it - my kids (ages 6 & 3) not so much. My only complaint was that the potatoes weren't quite done when the rest of the vegetables were, and I cut them pretty small. Other than that, a great summer dish!
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 zucchini, cut into 1-inch rounds
- 2 summer squash, cut into 1-inch rounds
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 large Japanese eggplant, cut into 1-inch rounds
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into 1-inch wedges
- 1 potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Pour the canned tomatoes into a 3 1/2-quart baking dish and spread to cover the bottom. In a large bowl combine the remaining ingredients (excluding the bread). Toss to coat. Pour the vegetables over the canned tomatoes in an even layer.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and bake until the edges of the vegetables are golden, about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Serve alone as a side, or over toasted sourdough bread for a main dish.