1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Every summer when I was growing up my Aunt would come to visit and bring these cookies with her. We looked almost as forward to them as we did her visits. They are very addicting yet easy to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- 2Add the egg and vanilla and continue beating until well combined.
- 3Stir in the flour and baking powder just till blended.
- 4Wrap and chill dough for 1 hour.
- 5Preheat oven to 350°.
- 6Cut dough into 3 equal parts.
- 7Turn one part at a time onto a floured work surface and roll back and forth across the surface with your hands until you have a long roll.
- 8I usually roll until it's the length of my cookie sheet.
- 9Your roll should be long and skinny.
- 10Roll onto an ungreased cookie sheet and flatten slightly then score at 1/2-inch intervals, being careful not to cut all the way through.
- 11Repeat with other 2 parts.
- 12Bake 10-12 minutes.
- 13Let cool 2 minutes on cookie sheet before removing to wire racks, before slicing.
- 14Sprinkle generously with powdered sugar, making sure to sugar all sides.
- 15Allow to cool before storing in airtight container.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Butter Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (12 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 55.9
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 12.0 mg
- Sodium 29.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 0.6 g