Recipe by Lavender Lynn
This recipe comes from All Recipes. It is from a Greek family who used to live next door and made these every year to give to neighbors. Posted for Zaar World Tour 4.
Top Review by twissis
Made for the ZWT-9 Greek "Parting Gifts" Challenge, these cookies were an easy-fix taste treat. However, the texture is what gets your immediate attention. They were soft, delicate & almost air-like, BUT yet sturdy enough to handle easily. I rolled mine into balls, but they flattened a bit to an almost dome-like shape. Perhaps my oven was cooking too hot ?? We loved them & Thx for sharing the recipe w/us. :)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease cookie sheets.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and egg until smooth.
- Stir in the vanilla and almond extracts.
- Blend in the flour to form a dough. You may have to knead it by hand at the end.
- Take about a teaspoon of dough at a time and roll it into balls, logs or S shapes.
- Place cookies 1 to 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly browned and firm.
- Allow cookies to cool completely.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar.