Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a lovely greek style salad that my favourite greek friend makes. It's substantial enough to serve as a main course with warm pita and a nice glass of chilled white wine.
- 4 ripe plum tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint
- 1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
- 1 small lemon, juice of
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (400 g) cans butter beans, drained
- 75 g pitted black olives
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 200 g feta, roughly cubed
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- warm pita bread, to serve
- Roughly chop one of the tomatoes and place in a liquidizer with half the mint and garlic and whizz until smooth.
- Add the lemon juice and the live oil and some salt and pepper and whizz again to make a smooth dressing.
- Cut the remaining tomatoes into wedges and toss with the butter beans, olives, red onions, feta and dressing.
- Transfer to serving plates, scatter over the reserved mint and serve with warm pitta bread.
Absolutely lovely salad! I used fresh baby limas and a little extra garlic. The combination of the beans and kalamata olives and feta and the dressing is excellent. Everyone who tasted it loved it.