Prep 4 hrs
Cook 0 mins
A butter with garlic and herbs to perk up the taste of hot bread, potatoes, or veggies. Time for chilling included in prep time.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely minced
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Mix the garlic, oregano, dill and cayenne pepper in a bowl.
- Beat in the softened butter until well combined.
- Put the mixture on a piece of wax paper and roll it into a tube.
- Refrigerate for at least three hours to allow the flavours to blend.
- Allow the butter to come to room temperature before serving, so that it will spread easier.
This was great on my homemade bread! Everyone requested it again. Thanks.
Wonderful flavor! We loved this spread over our crusty rolls as well as making for a great loaf of 'garlic bread' - both great with those steaming bowls of soup on a cold winters night! It's going to be a regular here - see endless possibilities using a variety of herbs but this combination is one that will be used again - and again. Thank you Pixi.