Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Very flavorful and fun. I clipped this recipe from the Food and Drink section of The Arizona Republic, Wednesday, July 16, 2003. I like to try new dishes and keep my dinners varied. This is 7 points for Weight Watchers. Serving size is one pita half.
- 59.14 ml crumbled feta cheese
- 59.14 ml chopped kalamata olive
- 226.79 g ground beef or 226.79 g turkey
- 1.23 ml dried oregano
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 1 pita bread round
- 29.58 ml tzatziki (optional)
- Combine cheese, olives, meat, and seeasonings in a large bowl and blend.
- Shape mixture into a large burger about the same size as the pita bread round.
- Grill or fry burger to desired doneness.
- Spread 1 Tablespoon of the tzatziki in each pita half.
- Cut burger in half.
- Put each half inside a pita half.
- This comes out to 7 points for Weight Watchers.
Who would have thought to add feta cheese and kalamata olives in burger meat. This is outstanding! I used ground beef. Made these this weekend for a small group of people while camping and everyone RAVED about them. This is a keeper, Amber of AZ.
Good burgers! I didn't add the olives as I didn't have any, but otherwise followed the recipe. Thanks for sharing.