Recipe by Amber of AZ
Very flavorful and fun. I clipped this recipe from the Food and Drink section of The Arizona Republic, Wednesday, July 16, 2003. I like to try new dishes and keep my dinners varied. This is 7 points for Weight Watchers. Serving size is one pita half.
Top Review by Merlot
Who would have thought to add feta cheese and kalamata olives in burger meat. This is outstanding! I used ground beef. Made these this weekend for a small group of people while camping and everyone RAVED about them. This is a keeper, Amber of AZ.
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped kalamata olive
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef or 1⁄2 lb turkey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pita bread round
- 2 tablespoons tzatziki (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cheese, olives, meat, and seeasonings in a large bowl and blend.
- Shape mixture into a large burger about the same size as the pita bread round.
- Grill or fry burger to desired doneness.
- Spread 1 Tablespoon of the tzatziki in each pita half.
- Cut burger in half.
- Put each half inside a pita half.
- This comes out to 7 points for Weight Watchers.