Recipe by JackieMarie
This is from Cooking Light. The flavors meld slowly, so it's ideal to serve the following day.
Top Review by MrsDoty
My husband and I just tried this last night and loved it. I have to admit, we didn't let it sit for very long, but it was very good. It has a pleasing texture between crunchy from the veggies and slightly chewy from the bulgar. I was told I could make it again :-)
- 4 1⁄2 cups water
- 3 cups uncooked medium bulgur
- 3⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice, divided
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 2 1⁄2 cups chopped chopped skinless boneless rotisserie- cooked chicken breasts
- 2 1⁄2 cups chopped peeled cucumbers
- 2 cups halved grape tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 10 kalamata olives, pitted & chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine water, bulgur, 1/2 cup juice and 1 teaspoons salt in large saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, let stand 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Uncover and cool to room temperature.
- Combine remaining 1/4 cup juice, remaining 1 tsp salt, and remaining ingredients in a large bowl, toss to combine.
- Add cooled bulgur mixture, toss well to combine. Cover & chill.