Recipe by Derf
Wonderful, versatile broccoli. Change the cheese and spices as you wish, try basil and mozzarella, parmesan or asiago.
Top Review by Sherry W.
Our family really liked this dish. A very colorful dish to look at too. We substituted 2 tablespoons of chicken broth for the water. This worked well and added a little flavor. We will try again using less feta cheese or substituting it with a different type of cheese. Thanks for posting.
- 1 lb fresh broccoli
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into 8 wedges
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1 ounce cup feta cheese, broken small
- 2 tablespoons sliced black olives
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim broccoli, remove tough ends, wash and cut into small spears.
- Arrange broccoli in a veggie steamer over boiling water.
- Cover and steam 5 to 8 minutes or until crisp tender.
- Drain, place in saucepan.
- Add tomato wedges, water, garlic and oregano to pan, stir gently.
- Cook uncovered, over medium low heat 10 to 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle with Feta and olives.
- Remove from heat, Cover and let stand 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese melts.