Prep 10 mins
Cook 26 mins
Wonderful, versatile broccoli. Change the cheese and spices as you wish, try basil and mozzarella, parmesan or asiago.
- 1 lb fresh broccoli
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into 8 wedges
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1 ounce cup feta cheese, broken small
- 2 tablespoons sliced black olives
- Trim broccoli, remove tough ends, wash and cut into small spears.
- Arrange broccoli in a veggie steamer over boiling water.
- Cover and steam 5 to 8 minutes or until crisp tender.
- Drain, place in saucepan.
- Add tomato wedges, water, garlic and oregano to pan, stir gently.
- Cook uncovered, over medium low heat 10 to 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle with Feta and olives.
- Remove from heat, Cover and let stand 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese melts.
Our family really liked this dish. A very colorful dish to look at too. We substituted 2 tablespoons of chicken broth for the water. This worked well and added a little flavor. We will try again using less feta cheese or substituting it with a different type of cheese. Thanks for posting.
What a delicious and beautiful dish, I used some homemade stewed tomatoes instead of the chopped garlic and oregano because it already had the ingredients in it, I also added some grape tomatoes. Loved the feta and olives. I will try this again with different cheese combinations...love the versitility! Thanks Dear Derf!!
A very nice change of pace. I used one of the alternatives, fresh basil and mozzarella.