Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
The recipe asks for black olives but use any kind that you like, it will work fine! Baking time is however long it takes your machine.
- 1 cup milk (70* to 80* degrees)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2-1 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1⁄4 cup sliced ripe olives
- In bread machine pan, place the first seven ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer.
- Select basic bread setting.
- Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions ( check dough after 5 minutes of mixing: add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add the olives.
- Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds), 16 slices.
Made for the Goddesses of ZWT-9, DH & I both loved this bread. Except for the addition of garlic powder equal to 2 cloves of garlic, it was made as written. The texture was lovely & the feta flavor very subtle. It was slathered w/butter while still warm from my ABM & was perfect to accompany Marinated Olives, #361372 by PaulaG plus a lightly-creamed soup that cleaned the fridge of all the leftovers -- A yummy meal! Thx for sharing your delicious recipe w/us. :-)
Loved this bread!! Use the dough cycle on my bread machine then shaped loaf ...let it rise for 45 minutes then cooked for 22 minutes in 375 degree oven. Turned out perfect. I did brush bread with an egg white right before baking.
This is a delicious bread, which I opted to start in my bread machine and finish in the oven so I could shape it. I used kalamata olives for a more Greek taste and they were perfect. Made for ZWT #9.