Recipe by Annacia
The recipe asks for black olives but use any kind that you like, it will work fine! Baking time is however long it takes your machine.
Top Review by twissis
Made for the Goddesses of ZWT-9, DH & I both loved this bread. Except for the addition of garlic powder equal to 2 cloves of garlic, it was made as written. The texture was lovely & the feta flavor very subtle. It was slathered w/butter while still warm from my ABM & was perfect to accompany Recipe #361372, #361372 by PaulaG plus a lightly-creamed soup that cleaned the fridge of all the leftovers -- A yummy meal! Thx for sharing your delicious recipe w/us. :-)
- 1 cup milk (70* to 80* degrees)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2-1 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1⁄4 cup sliced ripe olives
Directions See How It's Made
- In bread machine pan, place the first seven ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer.
- Select basic bread setting.
- Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions ( check dough after 5 minutes of mixing: add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add the olives.
- Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds), 16 slices.