Recipe by lindseylcw
Chicken braised in wine and spices, serve with pasta of your choice and top with grated cheese, Greek salad on the side - delicious.
Top Review by WiGal
Heavenly aroma! Delicious! Divine sauce. I made this based on Chef#28636's recommendation for Top Favorites of 2008 Game. I substituted ketchup for the tomato paste as I did not have a tube of it and subbed in 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon for the cinnamon bark. The size of the chicken is important, I cut mine too small and think the chicken itself was dry b/c of that. Now I think I should have left the breasts alone and not cut them up smaller. Served ours over noodles with salad, and Recipe#280877. Thanks lindseylcw for sharing.
- 2 kg chicken, organic if possible
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 pieces cinnamon bark
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken into serving pieces and wipe dry.
- Melt the butter in a heavy saucepan and brown chicken on all sides. remove when browned.
- Reduce heat and add onion and garlic, fry gently until transparent, add remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Return chicken to the pan, cover and simmer gently for 45 minutes or until tender.
- Remove bay leaf and cinnamon bark and serve.