Recipe by Dee514
This is one of several "spice mixes" that I've used for years. It makes a wonderful seasoning for poultry or lamb, and can be added to yoghurt or sour cream, etc. for a yummy dressing. Experiment!
Top Review by winkki
A nice basic seasoning blend...would be good to round it out with some Greek oregano, basil, maybe cumin, cinnamon, mint, etc depending on the intended use to have a fuller Mediterranean flavor. But a good base to build on - thanks!
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together, store in a tightly capped jar.
- Use: Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon over each serving of chicken, lamb or shrimp before baking or grilling; or sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon over steamed vegetables.
- This spice mix can also be used to make a yummy"Yoghurt and Herb" dressing, by adding a 1/4 teaspoon of the mix, 2 minced garlic cloves, 1 Tablespoon olive oil and salt and pepper to 1 cup plain yoghurt.