Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I am not greek, and not sure if this is really greek, but this is the way it was given to me and what they called it. The longer you can simmer it the more tender the meat will be. Add water as needed, but the sauce should have a consistency of gravy and not watery. Have loved this one for years.
- Saute meat in oil with the onions and garlic.
- Add the tomato paste, wine and water.
- Simmer at least one hour.
- Add the carrots and simmer until carrots are tender.
- About 1/2 hour.
- Meanwhile, cook rotini acording to package directions.
- Fold in cheese cubes and butter and stir until cheese is melted.
- Serve the stew over a mound of pasta.