Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is nice on chilly spring or fall nights.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs stewing beef, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 3 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1⁄2 cups large corkscrew macaroni
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- In Dutch oven or heavy skillet, cook beef, onion, garlic in oil.
- until beef loses its redness.
- Stir in next 7 ingredients, cover.
- Simmer 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Cook macaroni as package directs..
- Toss hot cooked macaronii with cheese and butter.
- Arrange on large serving platter.
- Spoon Meat mixture over.