Great for the barbeque...and gluten-free too. Cooking time does not include marinating time of 1-2 hours
- 500 g beef rump, trimmed and cut into 2 . 5 cm (1 inch cubes)
- 8 teaspoons olive oil (2 tablespoons)
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (4 teaspoons)
- 1 lemon, zest of one lemon
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano (4 teaspoons)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 red onion, cut into six wedges and separated
- 1 red capsicum, cut into 2 . 5cm (bell pepper)
- 1 green capsicum, cut into 2 . 5 cm pieces
- 16 button mushrooms, halved if large
- soak 8 bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes, or alternatively you can use metal skewers.
- Combine all of the marinade ingredients in a ceramic or stainless steel bowl.
- Marinate the meat for 1 to 2 hours.
- Preheat the barbeque grill plate to medium high (or you can use a grill pan indoors or large banquet sized skillet).
- Thread marinated meat , alternating with the onion, capsicums and mushrooms onto the skewers.
- xrizzle some extra olive oil over the kebabs and barbecue for 2-3 minutes each side, or done to your liking.
Wonderful, flavorful beef kebabs!! I scaled it back to serve 2, putting all the meat on skewers and the veggies on their own skewers, as I find the veggies don't get cooked enough when cooked on the beef skewers. I did sub top sirloin steak and served these with Greek Farmers Green Salad and baked potatoes for a wonderful meal!! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for ZWT9.
These came out tender, juicy, and full of flavor. I marinated closer to 4 hours.
Delicious and juicy. Served with grilled pita bread, greek salad and potatoes for a delicious lunch (all by you, **Jubes**!).