Recipe by Dancer^
A new twist on a popular appetizer. Perfect for casual entertaining.
Top Review by Baby Chevelle
I thought these had a nice flavor. They were very easy to make. I did make the mistake and used flat out wraps, they were just way to thin to support the topping, but that was my fault. The taste was still there. I think I will try them again on flat bread and make them into individual pizzas and place them on the grill outside, I think that would be a great compliment to this recipe.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 (14 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 flat bread or 2 pre-baked prepared pizza crust (12 inch)
- 1 1⁄4 cups seasoned crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sliced pitted ripe olives
Directions See How It's Made
- Scramble-fry the beef and seasonings in a non-stick skillet until the beef is browned.
- Stir in the chopped spinach, canned tomatoes and Mozzarella cheese.
- Remove from the heat.
- Lay pizza flatbreads on ungreased pizza pans.
- Spread beef mixture over flatbreads.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese and olives.
- Place under a preheated broiler 4 to 6 inches (10 to 15 cm) from the heat.
- Broil for 5 minutes or until hot and starting to brown on the edges.
- Let stand for a few minutes before cutting into small wedges or triangles for appetizers.