Recipe by Barb G.
Enjoy the same flavorful Greek beef and pasta taste in a lighter, easy one-skillet meal. Good served with Pita bread.
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 stalk celery, sliced (1/2 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked orzo pasta or 1⁄2 cup rosamarina pasta
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1⁄2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook beef in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high about 6 minutes, stirring frequently, until brown; drain.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except yogurt.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer about 12 minutes, stirring frequently, until liquid is absorbed and pasta is tender.
- Serve with yogurt.