Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this in The Bean Harvest Cookbook and it sounded perfect for a summer cookout. Made a few adjustments and it was perfect. Cook time is marinating time. Hope you enjoy!
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, quartered
- 3 small pickling cucumbers, peeled & chopped
- 2⁄3 cup kalamata olive, pitted & halved
- 6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (I used feta with basil & tomato)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or 2 tablespoons fresh oregano
- Dressing: In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the dressing ingredients.
- Salad: In a large bowl, combine the dressing with the beans and mix well. Cover and marinate at room temperature at least one hour, stirring occasionally.
- Shortly before serving, mix in the tomatoes, cucumber, olives and cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve at room temperature.
This is a nice tasty salad that makes a great lunch! It is also a nice change of pace from the usual chick pea salad. I also used the tomato and basil feta, which added nice flavor. This is so easy too! Thanks for sharing.
A very nice salad. I used chickpeas and added just a touch of sugar to the dressing. Thanks flower!
Great salad! Due to time constraints, I used 1/2 cup of a bottled Greek dressing and kept all other ingredients the same. Because I was eating this for lunch and needed some protein, I added turkey pepperoni along with some red pepper flakes and sliced pepperoncini. Thanks for sharing, flower7! I loved it!