- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked white beans, rinsed and drained at room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups cucumbers, diced
- 1 cup tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄3 cup red onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped black olives
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 whole whole wheat pita bread
- 6 leaves red leaf lettuce
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except pitas and lettuce in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours to blend flavors.
- Place a lettuce leaf on each pita and spoon filling on top of the lettuce in the center of each pita.
- Fold pitas in half and serve.