1/1 Photo of Greek Barley Salad
this recipe uses fast cooking barley, but you can use regular barley too, just increase the cooking time to 45 minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup uncooked quick-cooking barley
- 3/4 cup chopped red pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped cucumber
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in halves
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion, to taste
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olive, sliced
- 3 tablespoons vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 clove minced garlic
- salt, pepper
- 2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
- 1bring 2 c vegetable broth to a boil.
- 2add barley, cover, lower to simmer and cook 12 minutes until barley is tender.
- 3remove from heat, drain if necessary, cool completely.
- 4combine barley, peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes, onions and olives in a bowl.
- 5combine broth, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper, stir well and add to barley mixture, toss well.
- 6add feta cheese, toss.
- 7serve over romaine lettuce leaves.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Barley Salad
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 300.9
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 22.2 mg
- Sodium 363.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.1 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 10.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: