Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A crust for savory tarts and quiches from Cooking Light. Very good for a low-fat crust, and very simple to stir up. I'm not sure how it would taste with a sweet filling, but if you try it, let me know.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl; make a well in the center of the mixture. Pour water and oil into the well. Mix well. Turn the dough onto a floured surface and knead 4 or 5 times. Divide dough into haves and pat each half into a 4-inch circle on plastic wrap. Wrap and chill.
- Roll each dough disk into an 11-inch circle between sheets of plastic wrap. Chill for 15 minutes until plastic wrap can be removed easily.
- Fit crusts into pie pans and fill with quiche or tart mixture. Bake until set.