1/4 Photos of Greek Baked Shrimp with Feta
1 hr 10 mins
Sue Lau's Note:
This is a delicious recipe, and one I have enjoyed many times. It would make an excellent appetizer for entertaining as well as a great dinner idea!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs large shrimp, uncooked
- 1 medium sized onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 cups diced peeled tomatoes
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or 1/2 cup non-alcoholic wine
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 ounces fat-free feta cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2Remove shells from shrimp, leaving last segment and tail intact; remove vein.
- 3Rinse and dry.
- 4In a pan saute onion in oil until transparent, (adding a few drops of water if necessary), add garlic and green onion and cook 2 minutes more.
- 5To the onions add the tomatoes, wine, half the parsley, oregano, and salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes until thickened.
- 7Pour half the sauce into a shallow casserole, and arrange the shrimp on top.
- 8Pour the rest of the sauce on, and sprinkle crumbled feta over the shrimp.
- 9Bake at 450 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until prawns are pink and feta is lightly browned.
- 10Garnish with remaining parsley and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Baked Shrimp with Feta
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 216.0
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 208.8 mg
- Sodium 1090.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 24.6 g