Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A Gabriel Gate recipe which I wish to put in my favourites cookbook
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 6 tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 20 shelled and deveined green shrimp
- 1 (400 g) can white beans or 1 (400 g) can borlotti beans, drained
- 4 tablespoons chopped parsley
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 60 g feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 220dC.
- Heat oil in an ovenproof pan and cook onion and fennel seeds for 4 minutes on medium heat.
- Add spring onions and stir well.
- Add garlic, tomatoes, wine and oregano and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in prawns, the drained white or borlotti beans and half the parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper and dot with feta.
- Cook in the preheated oven until the prawns are cooked (about 10 minutes).
- Sprinkle with remaining parsley and serve.
Ooh! These were soooo good! We had them for dinner ;ast night. I bought a pound of cleaned, deveined big shrimp. They may have been a bit smaller than called for, but this is a real keeper. I used big white cannelini beans. I like beans, but DH eants me to leave out the beans next time. The combination of flavors is just incredible. Be sure to have nice fresh crusty French bread to soak up the sauce.