Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A Gabriel Gate recipe which I wish to put in my favourites cookbook
Make and share this Greek Baked Prawns (Shrimp) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 6 tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 20 shelled and deveined green shrimp
- 1 (400 g) can white beans or 1 (400 g) can borlotti beans, drained
- 4 tablespoons chopped parsley
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 60 g feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 220dC.
- Heat oil in an ovenproof pan and cook onion and fennel seeds for 4 minutes on medium heat.
- Add spring onions and stir well.
- Add garlic, tomatoes, wine and oregano and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in prawns, the drained white or borlotti beans and half the parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper and dot with feta.
- Cook in the preheated oven until the prawns are cooked (about 10 minutes).
- Sprinkle with remaining parsley and serve.