Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
A different, simple and tasty way to have potatoes and eggs. Nice served with a simple salad for a light dinner.
- Bake potatoes until done.
- Cut potatoes in half to make boats and place on baking sheet.
- Remove about half of potato from skins and mix with butter, salt and pepper.
- Return potato filling to skins, leaving a shallow well in the middle of each.
- Break one egg over each potato half.
- Bake at 350F for 10 minutes.
Very good. I had this for dinner with a simple salad of sliced tomatoes and cucumbers and it hit the spot! I think it would be good any time of the day. I couldn't resist putting a little cheese on top so I used a combo of feta and parmesan to keep it Greek. It did take 15 mins in my oven to get the eggs cooked the way I liked (with fully cooked whites and soft yolk) Made for ZWT9
We enjoyed this - so flavorful for just a few ingredients. Mine also took longer to cook - the whites were still clear at 10 minutes. I just kept watching them until they were ready a few minutes later. Thanks for sharing! ZWT9