Recipe by annconnolly
Taste the Mediterranean in this dish’s tomato, onion, and garlic sauce. A heart healthy recipe.
Top Review by Kelsey K
I just made this for my VERY picky husband and he LOVED it! I substituted capers for the olives and served it with cous cous and broiled zuchini with parm. I agree with the other reviews. The feta makes this. YUM!
- 78.07 ml onion, finely chopped
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 59.14 ml dry white wine
- 0.59 ml dried thyme
- 0.59 ml dried oregano
- 453.59 g can whole tomatoes, drained, chopped fine (reserve 1/4 cup liquid)
- 340.19 g ocean perch fillet
- 59.14 ml kalamata olive, pitted, chopped
- 78.07 ml feta cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet cook onion in oil over moderately low heat, stirring, until it is softened. Add garlic and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- Add wine and boil the mixture until almost all the liquid is evaporated. Add the thyme, oregano and tomatoes with reserved liquid, bring mixture to a boil, and cook it over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes, or until it is thickened slightly.
- Spread half the sauce in the bottom of a gratin dish just large enough to hold the fish in one layer.
- Top it with the perch, skin sides down and spread remaining sauce over perch.
- Sprinkle olives and Feta evenly over the sauce and bake 15 to 20 minutes at 400 degrees F. or until fish just flakes when tested with a fork.