1/1 Photo of Greek Baked Ocean Perch
Smurfetta Chef #427781's Note:
Taste the Mediterranean in this dish’s tomato, onion, and garlic sauce. A heart healthy recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained, chopped fine (reserve 1/4 cup liquid)
- 3/4 lb ocean perch fillet
- 1/4 cup kalamata olive, pitted, chopped
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1In a skillet cook onion in oil over moderately low heat, stirring, until it is softened. Add garlic and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- 2Add wine and boil the mixture until almost all the liquid is evaporated. Add the thyme, oregano and tomatoes with reserved liquid, bring mixture to a boil, and cook it over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes, or until it is thickened slightly.
- 3Spread half the sauce in the bottom of a gratin dish just large enough to hold the fish in one layer.
- 4Top it with the perch, skin sides down and spread remaining sauce over perch.
- 5Sprinkle olives and Feta evenly over the sauce and bake 15 to 20 minutes at 400 degrees F. or until fish just flakes when tested with a fork.
Browse Our Top Perch Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Baked Ocean Perch
Serving Size: 1 (530 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 449.0
- Calories from Fat 215
- Total Fat 23.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 93.6 mg
- Sodium 568.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 37.9 g