Prep 40 mins
Cook 40 mins
This fish dish has bold, Mediterranean flavours. It is also gorgeous to look at. Accompany with a good white wine and lots of crusty bread, cause the sauce is unbelievable.
- 2 lbs fresh black grouper fillets, cut into approximately 1 1/2 inch pieces (or other fillet of your choice)
- 2 (16 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes, juices drained
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup kalamata olive, pitted and halved
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons small capers, drained
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place the fish pieces in a metal baking pan.
- Season lightly with salt.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients, except the wine and olive oil, season, and distribute on top of fish.
- Pour the wine and olive oil over and bake for about 35-40 minutes, or until the fish flakes.
This is one of the best tasting fish recipes I've ever made.. Like someone else mentioned, after 5 minutes, the whole house was smelling just AWESOME - it woke up my son from a nap and he said "smells amazing!".. Don't change a THING! But having said that, I talked with Evelyn offline and she did clarify that the 'canned crushed tomatoes' marketed in the USA are not the same as in Greece, so I bought a 28oz can of whole tomatoes, drained them, and crushed them lightly by hand.. worked great. Thanks Evelyn!
Very, very good! Even my 11 year old son enjoyed it. Prep time was closer to 45 minutes. Will be making this one again!
Ok - I did it. I made it with chicken breasts. Taste was very good.