- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 1⁄2 lbs broiler-fryer chickens
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together first 5 ingredients. Place chicken in a shallow dish or large heavy-duty zip lock bag. Pour the oil mixture over chicken. Cover and seal marinate for 8 hours in refrigerator.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade; discard the marinade.
- Tuck wings under and tie the legs together with string if desired. Place the chicken breast side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake at 450°F for 45 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted in chicken thigh reads 180°F.