Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Plan ahead the potatoes need to marinate for at least 2 hours, baby white potatoes work well also --- make certain to soak your bamboo skewers in cold water at least 30 minutes before placing the potatoes on --- try to use good size baby potatoes for this as you will need to slice them in half and make certain that they are all pretty much the same size for even cooking --- I have listed garlic powder, you may use fresh minced but I find that the fresh garlic tends to burn somewhat during the grilling, the choice is yours :)
- 3 lbs baby red potatoes (unpeeled, washed, scrubbed and dryed)
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (or use 1-2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic)
- 2 -3 teaspoons dried oregano (rubbed betwenn fingers to release the flavors)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme (rubbed between fingers)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt (more to season after cooking if desired)
- melted butter
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice each potato in half, then poke a few holes into the skin-side.
- Place in a large heavy resealable plastic bag.
- In a bowl whisk together the olive oil with lemon juice, garlic, oregano, thyme and kosher salt; pour over the potatoes.
- Seal bag and turn to coat.
- Place in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Soak your bamboo skewers in cold water for 30 minutes before placing on the potatoes.
- Remove the potatoes from the bag and discard the marinade.
- Skewer each potato with flat side all facing down.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat then oil the grates.
- Place the potatoes flat-side down on the grill.
- Do not close the top of the grill and keep an eye out for flare ups.
- Cook for about 20-22 minutes or until golden brown (cooking time will vary depending on the size of your potatoes).
- After cooking brush with melted butter then season with more fresh ground black pepper and kosher salt.