Recipe by Chris from Kansas
I like to serve this bread as an appetizer, but you could also include it with a meal. It has a delicious savory flavor.
Top Review by Ginny Sue
We thoroughly enjoyed this as an appetizer. I love pepperoncini, so this was right up my alley. Even picky DD who claims she doesn't like olives ate 2 slices of this. Since there are only 3 of us, I spread half of the mixture on half a loaf of bread and made as directed. Then, I mixed the leftover cream cheese mixture with the leftover feta, olives and pepper, and refrigerated it until the next day. I ate the spread cold with crackers, which made a tasty snack. For the Greek seasoning, I used Penzeys Greek seasoning.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons all purpose Greek seasoning (Cavender's)
- 16 ounces unsliced French bread
- 1 (4 ounce) package feta cheese
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1⁄2 cup drained chopped pepperoncini pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 3 ingredients, stirring until smooth.
- Slice bread loaf in half lengthwise.
- Spread cream cheese mixture on cut sides of bread.
- Sprinkle feta cheese, olives and peppers over cheese.
- Place bread on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 for 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated.