Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Soooo yummy! I grew up eating these and could never get enough, they were so good. The outside is crunchy and the inside is chewy. Absolutely delicious! These are sold in every pastry shop in Greece. This recipe comes from the cookbook "My Big Fat Greek Feast". I have not tried the recipe yet, but I'm putting here for safe keeping since this is my most favorite cookie. Not sure of the yield, so I'm guessing.
- Cut almond paste into 1/2 inch pieces.
- In an electric mixer with a paddle, mix the almond paste for a few minutes and then slowly add the confectioner sugar.
- With the mixer still on add the rose water, continuing to mix until you have a thick dough. Then slowly add the egg whites one at a time until mixture is loose enough to pipe out a pastry bag but not soupy (the consistency of a brownie batter). Depending on the humidity, you will need more or less egg whites.
- Put mixture into pastry bag and pipe onto a non stick cookie sheet, making small cookies.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven until golden brown, about 20 minutes.