Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
When my Mother in law was diagnosed wiith diabetes I took a cooking for diabetics class at our local coopertive extension. they taught us this yummy recipe
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms
- 10 ounces feta cheese
- 1⁄2 lb cooked sausage
- 1 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
- all purpose Greek seasoning
- 1 egg
- Clean mushrooms.
- Gently with a spoon Hollow out insides of mushrooms and put bits into a bowl.
- Mix in cheese, sausage, breadcrumbs, seasoning and egg.
- Spoon a bit of mixture into each mushroom.
- Bake mushrooms in 350 degrees for about 10 minutes.
Yummy! I needed to have double the amount of mushrooms as I had 1/2 of the stuffing left over. The Feta cheese really makes these mushrooms great. I could not find greek seasoning so used a little Italian seasoning.