Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe is posted for ZWT6; Prep time does not include time to clean shrimp.
Make and share this Grecian Style Shrimp Scampi recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 4 bay leaves
- 4 garlic cloves, finely, chopped
- 3 lbs jumbo shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 1 lb feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 3 ounces sherry wine
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- To make scampi sauce: In sauce over low flame melt butter, adding oil, salt, pepper, rosemary, oregeno, paprika, bay leaves, garlic and sherry.
- Place cleaned shrimp in large baking dish. Cover shrimp with feta cheese and top with breadcrumbs.
- Pour scampi sauce over shrimp and bake until shrimp are tender,.
- approximately 25 minutes. Serve over rice or angel hair pasta.
Enjoyed this, my cousin and I made it together, and enjoyed it with pasta. Liked the sherry in this, and also the feta. Thanks Lynn, made for ZWT9, Panthers On The Prowl.
*Made for Australia/NZ Swap #77* This was SUPER yummy !! Prepared with 1 pound of shrimp and 1/2 sauce ingredients. DH and I almost polished it off -- just a tad left for somebody's lunch. Very different without any tomato, but the paprika fools the eye with color. I had leftover soft jasmine rice, which soaked up the sauce nicely. Wish I had made the whole recipe ! Thanks for posting, Lynn !
There were 4 of us here to consume this great tasting dish, so I made the recipe as given, although I did substitute 1 teaspoon of lemon pepper for the usual S&P! The combo of herbs & spices gave this a very nice flavor! Thanks for sharing it! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]