Recipe by Lavender Lynn
This recipe is posted for ZWT6; Prep time does not include time to clean shrimp.
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
Enjoyed this, my cousin and I made it together, and enjoyed it with pasta. Liked the sherry in this, and also the feta. Thanks Lynn, made for ZWT9, Panthers On The Prowl.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 4 bay leaves
- 4 garlic cloves, finely, chopped
- 3 lbs jumbo shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 1 lb feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 3 ounces sherry wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- To make scampi sauce: In sauce over low flame melt butter, adding oil, salt, pepper, rosemary, oregeno, paprika, bay leaves, garlic and sherry.
- Place cleaned shrimp in large baking dish. Cover shrimp with feta cheese and top with breadcrumbs.
- Pour scampi sauce over shrimp and bake until shrimp are tender,.
- approximately 25 minutes. Serve over rice or angel hair pasta.