Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Originally from Better Homes and Gardens, this dinner can be fixed in half an hour, yet could be served to company.
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup green sweet pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice (or lime juice)
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 3 cups couscous, cooked
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Coat chicken with wheat germ.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken, uncovered, in 1 tablespoon of hot oil over medium heat for 12 to 15 minutes or until no longer pink, turning once.
- Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm.
- In same skillet cook zucchini, green pepper, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper in remaining hot oil for 3 minutes.
- Add water; cook 1 minute more.
- Remove from heat; stir in lime or lemon juice and tomato wedges.
- To serve, divide couscous among four dinner plates.
- Place vegetable mixture atop couscous and chicken atop vegetables.
- Sprinkle feta cheese over chicken.