Recipe by walshcrew7
this recipe came to me by way of my mother. It is a boneless leg of lamb stuffed with a Greek stuffing. It has become our traditional Easter dish, instead of ham.
- 6 -7 lbs leg of lamb, boned but not tied
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1 beaten egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄2 cup snipped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup soft rye breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup lb ground cooked ham
Directions See How It's Made
- With a sharp knife, enlarge cavity of leg of lamb.
- Rub lamb inside and out with thyme.
- Combine egg, milk, garlic, salt, and pepper. Add parsley, pine nuts, bread crumbs, and ham. Mix well.
- Fill cavity with ham mixture.
- Tie lamb and place on rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Bake in 325 degree oven for 2 1/2 hours. or until desired doneness.