Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I first found this recipe on Allrecipes quite sometime ago and it has become a staple in our house. This makes a lot of dressing but in our house it goes quite quickly. If you find the vinegar a bit strong, you may want to scale it back to 1 1/2 quarts. Great for greek salads or any kind of dinner salad. We also use this as a topping for fresh tomatoes in the summertime.
- 1 1⁄2 quarts olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup garlic powder
- 1⁄3 cup dried oregano
- 1⁄3 cup dried basil
- 1⁄4 cup pepper
- 1⁄4 cup salt
- 1⁄4 cup onion powder
- 1⁄4 cup dijon-style mustard
- 2 quarts red wine vinegar
- In a very large container, mix together the olive oil, garlic powder, oregano, basil, pepper, salt, onion powder, and Dijon-style mustard.
- Pour in the vinegar, and mix vigorously until well blended.
- Store tightly covered at room temperature.
Very good Greek dressing. Reminded me of a cross between Italian and Greek dressings. We had it over top a traditional Greek salad with lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, and calamata olives. Made for ZWT.
I reduced the recipe to make 5 servings so I could try the recipe. I thought it was a nice vinegarette and used it on Romaine and Greek Vegetable Salad. Made for ZWT4.
Yum! This tasted wonderful and it was so simple to make. I love the flavor of this dressing and will make it again. Made for ZWT4 for the Tastebud Tickling Travellers.