Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is from All Recipes. It is a greek meat dish posted for ZWT4
Make and share this Grecian Pork Tenderloin recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups lime juice, fresh
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 6 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 (1 lb) pork tenderloin
- Place lime juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, and oregano in a large resealable plastic bag.
- Shake sealed bag until ingredients are well mixed.
- Taste the marinade for tartness.
- If too tart, add a little more oil.
- Not enough zing, add more lime.
- The garlic and salt flavors should also be up front, yet not overpowering.
- Place the tenderloins in the bag, seal, and turn to coat.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 5 hours.
- Preheat grill for medium heat.
- Lightly oil the grill grate, and discard marinade.
- Grill tenderloins for 20 to 30 minutes, turning once, or to desired doneness.
OMG, OH WOW, OH YEAH! This is fabulous! Absolutely delicious without a long list of ingredients. I grilled the pork to perfection tonight (HOORAH for me!) and we all loved it so much! Made for ZWT9, Mike & the Appliance Killers!
This was a nice way to prepare pork tenderloin. I found the quantities for the marinade more than I needed so I use about 3/4 cup of juice and 1/3 cup of oil and marinated it in my Food Savor marintating tray. My loin was about 1 1/2 lbs. it was a wide short piece so I cut it in half to allow more contact with the marinade. I used 1/2 lime and 1/2 fresh grapefruit juice. Our weather wasn't cooperating with grilling so I seared the loin in my cast iron frying pan then put it in the oven and roasted at 350 degrees. I basted it during the cooking with some of the left over marinade, I removed as much of oil as I could from the marinade before using. After removing the meat from the pan, which had lots of nice brown crustys, I reduced added the rest of the defatted marinade and reduced it down, it was extremly tangy so I whisked in about a half cup of heavy cream this made for a lovely tangy gravy. Thanks Lynn for sharing! Made for ZWT 6 for the Unrulies Under the Influence
Nice Mediterranean flavor in this. I made 1/8 of the marinade for that amount of meat (except the lime - I used lemon and used 1/4 of what the recipe called for).