Recipe by 2Bleu
This is very quick to make, light, and very Greek. You could add some grilled chicken breast strips over top if you like. Enjoy!
Top Review by anme
This was a very quick and easy to make pasta dish. The sauce came together very quickly and tasted pretty good. I added some leftover chicken that I heated up in the microwave and added to the pasta at the end to bulk it up a bit.
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup kalamata olive, pitted and chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped
Other ingredients needed
- 4 ounces penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- The sauce for this recipe is to be cooked quickly over a high flame so it is recommended that you have all ingredients preped and ready when you begin.
- Start by placing the olive sauce ingredients into a bowl and set aside. Place pasta into a large pot of boiling salted water. (Penne generally takes 10-12 minutes to cook al dente).
- When pasta is about 3-4 minutes from done, melt the olive oil and butter in a skillet over medium-high heat and brown the garlic. Add the olive sauce and let it simmer until pasta is ready.
- Drain pasta well, return it to the pot and stir in 2/3 of the sauce. Place the pasta onto a serving plate and pour the rest of the sauce over top. Sprinkle with feta cheese and fresh basil.