Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Another Junior League recipe from the Edible Heirlooms cookbook. Haven't tried it yet, but it has all of my favorite ingredients in it.
- 2 (8 ounce) cans crescent rolls
- 0.5 (1 ounce) envelope dry vegetable soup mix
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 (10 ounce) packagechopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 ounce parmesan cheese, fresh grated
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Flatten crescent rolls onto a baking sheet and press seams together. Bake 10-12 minutes; set aside. Combine soup mix, mayonnaise, and sour cream. Add spinach, artichoke hearts, water chestnuts, garlic, and feta cheese. Spread mixture over crescent roll dough. Top with parmesan cheese. Bake 10-12 minutes. Cut into squares with a pizza cutter and serve hot.
These were an all around winner! They were so easy to make and even had a feta hater munching away! I made the filling the day before and just had to assemble and bake them on Thanksgiving. The only changes I made were to use fresh spinach, a couple finely sliced green onions, and to sprinkle some sliced black olives on top before putting them in the oven. These will be on my go to list and made frequently.(2)
I could tell by the ingredient list that this was going to be a winner. And it most certainly is! Love the spanikopita-ish flavors, creamy topping, and crunchy crescent crust. I think you could swap in some other veggies like roasted red pepper, eggplant, or kalamata olives for variety with great success. Thanks Nancy for a lovely starter!