Recipe by Sassy in da South
Preparation/Cooking time does not include soaking beans overnight, so remember to do this part the night before. Nice side dish for any meal.
- 1 (16 ounce) package dried lima beans
- 2 (16 ounce) canschopped tomatoes with juice
- 1 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- sea salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the lima beans in a large saucepan.
- Pour enough water to fill to 2 inches above top of the beans.
- Allow to soak overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat; bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 20 minutes; drain.
- Pour the beans into a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Add the tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, salt, and dill; stir.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, stirring occasionally and adding water if the mixture appears dry.