Recipe by Sue Lau
This makes a nice hearty dish with plenty to go around. Will go great over rice pilaf or just served with warmed pita bread. Very flavorful!
Top Review by Wendy's Kitchen
We loved this. I marinated the meat for approximately 4 hours. Then preheated oven to 150 Degrees C (slow) and covered the lamb and all the veges and cooked it slowly for 2 1/2 hours. It was delicious and tender. Added mint just before serving.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless lamb, cut into cubes
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 4 -5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 red onion, sliced into rings
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped of fresh mint
Directions See How It's Made
- Place lamb in a non-reactive shallow dish.
- Mix together vinegar, olive oil, oregano, garlic, and pepper; pour over lamb and toss to mix.
- Allow lamb to marinate in this mixture for 1-3 hours.
- Place lamb in a large deep skillet and cook over medium heat.
- Add bell pepper and onion and cook for about 8-10 minutes.
- Then add the artichoke hearts and tomatoes and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes more, or until lamb is tender and tomatoes have released their juices and become soft.
- Garnish with feta cheese and chopped mint before serving.