Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Love the sandwich.....here is a Grecian twist to the grilled cheese. Hope you enjoyed as much as I do. I originally got this recipe from Epicurous. Goes great with a green salad for a light lunch or with soup for supper.
- 4 slices crusty bread
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb feta
- 1 large tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons oregano leaves, finely chopped fresh
- fresh ground black pepper
- Cut four 1/2-inch-thick slices from middle of loaf and brush both sides of each slice with some oil.
- Cut enough 1/4-inch-thick slices from feta to cover 2 slices of bread and cut tomato into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- Assemble 2 sandwiches with feta and tomato slices, seasoning filling with oregano, pepper, and salt.
- In a 12-inch nonstick skillet heat 1 tablespoon oil over moderate heat until hot but not smoking and cook sandwiches until golden, about 2 minutes on each side.
I love grilled cheese and I liked this version for a change of pace from the usual kind. The feta cheese is good and I especially like the tomato with this. Thanks for sharing! Made for ZWT4 for the Tastebud Tickling Travellers.
Okay this is not something I could everyday, because boy, is it salty! But as an occasional treat, this is definitely on my list! :) I love the way the feta melted, and I enjoyed the tomatoes. DD loved hers, too, only without the tomatoes. Thank you for posting, made for ZWT4.